Zap!!! is Vancouver Pro Musica’s 6th annual Electroacoustic concert. BC sound sculptors of all ages, genders and backgrounds are encouraged to submit works by 11:59 pm on October 19th using the form below.
We welcome electroacoustic submissions from BC composers who sculpt in the sonic corners of soundscapes, acousmatics and related sound arts. To submit a piece, complete the online form at the bottom of this page. Only submission forms completed through this website will be considered.
All submissions must meet the following requirements:
- Submitting composers must be residents of BC.
- Works may be performed/processed live by the composer or it can be presented as fixed media audio.
- Maximum channels of audio: 4.
- Maximum duration: 10 minutes.
- Submissions must be received by 11:59 pm on Friday, October 19, 2018.
- Works must have been composed within the past three years.
- There is no fee for submission.
Announcement and Presentation of Works Selected
Vancouver Pro Musica will contact all submitters by Monday, October 29 2018. Vancouver Pro Musica will employ a panel of composers not associated with Vancouver Pro Musica to guide selection based on anonymous submissions. Decisions of the panel will be final. The works selected will be presented alongside a set of curated pieces.
Composers whose pieces are selected for performance will then be contacted to provide required performance material. Composers will be expected to attend the soundcheck on the afternoon of the concert and for the presentation of their work on November 15, 2018 at the Western Front.
Each composer with a work programmed will receive a modest honorarium for their participation.