Vancouver Pro Musica presents
Pacific Baroque Orchestra
- PBO features 6 performers + conductor, with the following instrumentation:
- baroque oboe (doubling recorder, oboe da caccia and oboe d’amore),
- baroque violins (2),
- baroque viola,
- Submissions including other instruments, electronics or singers will not be considered.
Works must be scored for a minimum of three (3) performers, up to the full ensemble of six (6).
- Maximum duration: 8 minutes. Please note that time limits will be strictly enforced to allow as many pieces as possible to be programmed.
- PBO welcomes questions relating to possible submissions. Please email PBO at [email protected]
Note: Composers of selected works should submit parts electronically to Vancouver Pro Musica by 5:00 pm on December 26, 2019. These works will be played by the Pacific Baroque Orchestra at a reading session on January 2 from 5-8pm at UBC School of Music – Room 400C. After the reading session, composers may make revisions based on their experience at the reading session. Revisions are due February 14, 2020.