Vancouver Pro Musica presents
Pacific Baroque Orchestra
- PBO features 6 performers + conductor, with the following instrumentation:
- baroque oboe (doubling recorder, oboe da caccia and oboe d’amore),
- baroque violins (2),
- baroque viola,
- Submissions including other instruments, electronics or singers will not be considered.
Works must be scored for a minimum of three (3) performers, up to the full ensemble of six (6).
- Maximum duration: 8 minutes. Please note that time limits will be strictly enforced to allow as many pieces as possible to be programmed.
- PBO welcomes questions relating to possible submissions. Please email PBO at [email protected]
- Attendance at the free workshop on September 21, 2019 is strongly recommended. Listen to a recording of the workshop here: https://vancouverpromusica.ca/news/
Note: Composers of selected works should submit parts electronically to Vancouver Pro Musica by January 3, 2020. These works will be played by the Pacific Baroque Orchestra at a reading session TBA. After the reading session, composers may make revisions based on their experience at the reading session. Revisions are due February 14, 2020.
For more information, please attend the free workshop on September 21, 2019 from 2-5pm at the UBC School of Music – Room 400C, or visit Pacific Baroque Orchestra/Early Music Vancouver’s website by clicking here.