Vancouver Pro Musica Presents
Third Annual Electroacoustic Festival
November 20-21, 2015
The Western Front
Call for Scores and Submission Form
Vancouver Pro Musica is pleased to invite BC composers to submit new works for presentation at the Third Annual Electroacoustic Festival. Accepted works will be performed at the closing event of the festival on Saturday, November 21, 2015 at the Western Front. Deadline for submissions is Friday, October 9, 2015.
- Works may involve any combination of pre-recorded and interactive electronics using up to four channels of audio and may additionally include one live performer. Submissions including written parts for more than one live performer will not be considered.
- Submissions including pre-recorded sound must include an mp3 file; however, a non-compressed version may be used in performance.
- Any submission including scores and/or parts must include two copies each, one of which must be anonymous (omitting any identifying features) for adjudication purposes.
- Deadline for submission is Friday, October 9, 2015.
- Submission fee: $25.
- Submitters must be residents of BC.
- Preference will be given to works under 8 minutes in duration.
- Composers may submit multiple pieces if desired, but at most only one will be programmed on the concert. Separate submission forms must be filled for each piece.
- Composers of selected works are expected to attend the concert.
All submitters will be invited to attend any event in the festival free of charge and will become members in good standing of Vancouver Pro Musica without payment of dues.
How to Submit
To submit your work, please fill out the submission form below. For payment options, submitters may choose one of the following:
1) Online via PayPal – on clicking “submit”, you will be automatically directed to a link where payment may be made by credit card or your PayPal account
2) Cash or cheque by mail (must be received by the deadline). Please mail payment to:
Vancouver Pro Musica Society
PO Box 78077, PRO Grandview
Vancouver, BC V5N 5W1
Announcement and Presentation of Works Selected
Vancouver Pro Musica will contact all the submitters by November 1, 2015. While Pro Musica wishes to include as many submissions as possible, production costs, time constraints, and other practical concerns may require that not all submitters will have a work selected. If necessary, Vancouver Pro Musica will employ a panel of experienced composers to guide selection. Decisions of the panel will be final.
Please address all questions to [email protected].